The former midfielder of Kyiv "Dynamo" Yuriy Kalytvyntsev who now coaches Zhytomyr "Poles'e" told about what he took in his work from the legendary Ukrainian coach Valeriy Lobanovskiy and also gave his opinion about the soccer career of his son - midfielder of "Aleksandria" Vladyslav Kalytvyntsev.
- You worked with Valeriy Lobanovsky. Now you work as a coach yourself. What did you take from him?
- I go my own way. Soccer is not standing still. If you take Valeriy Vasilievich, the attitude to the players and the construction of the training process.
- Whose work you are most interested in today?
- There is no such coach. I can't single out anyone. I like the demands of modern soccer. I learn a lot. I've been to a lot of seminars, trainings. I continue to do so when I have the opportunity. You need to learn all the time. I have my own vision. If a tool fits my direction, then I will gladly use it, regardless of the coach's name.
- Your son Vladislav never got the chance to play for Dynamo. He was one of the leaders of Desna and now Alexandria. Are you satisfied with his career?
- Vlad is my son, whom I love like a child. As a soccer player Vlad Kalitvintsev is very good for me. He has good strengths - the speed, the ability to play with both feet. What has worked out, has worked out. There is no point to talk about what happened yesterday. You have to think about the future.
I always want more from him. I like his attitude. He lives for soccer. It's everything for him. He loves soccer in himself, not himself in soccer.
- The children of star players are always compared to their parents. Does the last name Kalitvintsev interfere with Vlad?
- There is such a thing. I`m not going to lie. Many have seen him in the position under the striker. I didn`t have the same speed as he did. Experts and journalists start comparing, looking for similarities. We have different qualities.
The last name interfered at first. Then they began to take it easy. My father has already graduated. We have a soccer player Vladislav Kalitvintsev. This is his way. I can only give you some advice.
- You as a coach brought Ukraine a victory at the youth Euro 2009. It`s been almost 14 years since then. How do you estimate that victory now?
- It is good that we managed to do something good for the country. The world knows that the national team became the European champion in 2009. The guys are good. I told them back then that it was just a medal, now realize your potential in adult soccer. Winning will be a good opportunity for you.
I did not pay attention to the fact that we became the champions of Europe. I was preparing myself to be a coach in adult soccer. I was afraid that they would make me a children's coach.