Honored coach of Ukraine Myron Markevich told what he thinks about the latest high-profile transfers in Ukrainian football.
- On the eve of your birthday, it became known about the next transfers of Ukrainian football players to foreign clubs. The most unexpected, of course, was the transfer of Shakhtar Donetsk defender Serhiy Kryvtsov to the American Inter from Miami, playing in MLS. How do you evaluate the player's choice?
— How quite normal. Why not? The United States has a serious championship level, and Krivtsov is an experienced footballer. Moreover, Inter (Miami) is David Beckham's club. I am happy for Sergey that by the end of his career he got into a good championship and, I hope, into a good club.
- This winter, three Dynamo Kyiv players at once - Viktor Tsyhankov, Ilya Zabarny and Artem Besedin got the opportunity to taste legionnaire bread by joining the Spanish Girona, the English Bournemouth and the Cypriot Omonia, respectively. Does this mean that a reboot has begun in the Dynamo club?
- I don't know what's in Dynamo. However, I am happy for the guys who were taken into their ranks by serious clubs. This is the most important thing for them now. This is especially true for Zabarny and Tsygankov.
- What do you think, which of these players has the greatest prospect of showing themselves?
- At the moment - everyone (smiles). And how it will be in the future - we'll see.
- A little earlier, in the middle of January, another representative of the Ukrainian national team, Mykhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar, was sold to the English Chelsea. Do you agree that the money spent by the London club on this football player will pay off?
- Time will show. The guy is definitely talented. The main thing is that he "went". Mudryk has never played at such a high level, so he has the opportunity to try it. Let's hope that the funds spent by Chelsea were not in vain. In any case, Mikhail's debut went well. In the game with Liverpool, he successfully entered the game, acted quite productively. I wish Mudrik success.
- Is the transfer of Ruslan Malinovsky from the Italian Atalanta to the French Marseille a plus or a minus in his career?
- I think that's a plus for him. Malinovsky, as part of the Marseillais, will be the main player. A football player of this level needs constant game practice, and at Marseille, I am convinced that he will have it. So, as before in Atalanta, where there was some kind of incomprehensible situation, when he was either put in the squad, then not put, it will not happen anymore.
- How seriously will the outflow of the best players affect the overall level of the Ukrainian championship?
- For our championship, this is, of course, a minus. However, this is a big plus for the Ukrainian team. And now we need to think only about the national team, taking care of its future as much as possible.
— What do you expect from the spring part of the championship?
- Probably, three clubs will fight for the championship - I mean Dnipro-1, Shakhtar and Dynamo. In my opinion, in the dispute for gold awards, the Dnipros will be able to hold their positions. However, the tournament distance of the spring part of the championship will consist of a dozen and a half matches, so let's see how it will be in the end.